Yesterday was Carter's official one year birthday, but we celebrated with a construction themed birthday party and his baptism two weekends ago. It was a great time with both families all together to celebrate the little man's major milestone.
In case you were wondering, yes he loved the cupcake.
Bryson and I looked back through all the photos from his birth date last night. It all happened so quickly that day. He was one week early. First contraction at 3:30. Made it to the hospital by 4:30. He was born at 7:06 pm. All 9.1 pounds and 21.5 inches of him. He was bright red like a tomato and even then, had the most delicious looking chunky thighs. To top it off, it just happened to be Father's Day.
I like to think that Carter's been living his life the past twelve months the same way he entered this world - confidently, enthusiastically, and with an insatiable appetite. And I like to think he'll always be that way. He has changed so much in such a short period of time, but looking at those pictures from his first few moments of life, I can see a shadow of the same little boy that we know today. And I wonder about what he will be like in a year from now, in 5 years from now, as an adult. He's just at the very beginning of his lifelong adventure.
I said it in one of my first monthly posts, and I'll say it again. He's the sweetest little soul I ever did meet. And his whole body radiates warmth and love. I wish he could stay like this forever, but I can't wait to get to know him more and more as the days pass. Just go SLOWLY, please!
Thanks for being your rolly polly little self. You da man, meatball!










No comments:
Post a Comment