Friday, November 11, 2016

She's Here! Welcome, Ellington Mae!


Please meet Miss Ellington Mae Powell, born November 8th at 6:30 pm weighing 6 pounds, 12 ounces and measuring 20 inches long. With a head full of dark hair!! She was two weeks early. Apparently she wanted to make her presence known on Election Day. Maybe she knew Trump would win and that everyone would need some happy news to take their minds off it!
 
I wondered a long while what it would be like to write this blog entry. When would she be born? How would labor go? Who would she look like? Would she be as big as the boys? Would she really be a girl!? And now, as I sit here reflecting on the answers to all of the questions above, I am overcome with an incredible sense of peace and good fortune. Because everything turned out just fine! And she is without a doubt... totally...perfect.

I have a daughter.


I don't think it's really hit me yet. No, in fact, I know it hasn't. I've imagined my daughter in my head for so many years. And the fact that she is here now for me to hold and kiss and love... it's nearly beyond comprehension.

 

We are all so in love. Bryson is totally smitten.


And the boys! The boys are so excited about her too.


Especially sweet Brooks who is a tender hearted little soul with a soft spot for babies. He's been so proud.


I know they will both be her constant protectors and biggest admirers throughout her life. How lucky she is!

She got to meet all her grandparents right away too.

 


And here we are. Our first picture as a family of 5. Haha. Not our best work, but I suppose organized chaos is the new normal, even more than it was before. We have 3 children! We have a girl! Amazing.

 

We only had to stay one night at the hospital since the nurses said we were "old pros" at this parenting thing. So off we went! To officially start the adventure! Welcome to the party, Ellington!



No comments:

Post a Comment