Well, another month came and went by in yet another flash. This month we celebrated Ellington's first Valentine's Day. So much love for her and my two little men and my one big man. She grew out of her smaller sized outfits so we've been able to dig into the closet and find some new adorable dresses and footies for her, which has been so much fun. At her 4 month checkup she was 13 pounds 10 ounces.

So much smiling! All the time. At everyone and everything. She's truly a joyous little thing. I tell Bryson all the time that it's like she's sitting around waiting to be delighted by everything. "Oh hello Dad, did you just get home from work? Delightful!" Or "Hey, didn't see you there, Carter. Delightful!" Or "You want me to get naked and take a bath. Delightful!" I randomly starting singing that "I Hope You Dance" song to her the other day and the verse that says "I hope you never lose your sense of wonder" is so true. I really do hope she's always as cheerful as she is right now. It's delightful.
Head and body control have gotten stronger. She'll tolerate tummy time for longer periods now and even smiles while doing it, as pictured below. Her head and hair always look different from this angle. It's so cute to see her eyebrows lift up to look at me.
And then of course, there are the toes. They are so cute and in a whole different way than the boys were. Both boys had pudgy toes and feet. In fact, Carter still does. Ellington's toes are dainty and her toenails are so tiny, they are barely there! She loves to curl them together in a little ball, as pictured below.
Each day, we are amazed at what a great baby she is. She barely makes a peep except when she's trying to figure out how to speak, which unfortunately, sounds a bit like a baby Pterodactyl these days. Here are a few of our favorite memories from this month, in no particular order. It's been another 30 days of adventure and fun!
 |
| All dressed up for my buddy Barrett's Sip N See |
 |
| Experimenting with "accessories" |
 |
| Heart diapers and a bowl full of jelly |
 |
| I'm ticklish!!! Stop tickling me!!! |
 |
| I LOVE Big Brother Brooks! |
 |
| The boys like the princess stories more than me. |
 |
| Big Brother Brooks swoops in for a kiss. |
 |
| Fresh and clean out of the bath. No, we did not bathe together. |
 |
| Activity gym is a big hit. |
 |
| Little love?? I'd say it's a lotta love. |
 |
| Heart is full of sibling love. |
 |
| People say we look alike. |
 |
| Woohoo! |
 |
| Cuddles and smiles. |
 |
| Baby it's cold outside. |
 |
| Why???? |
 |
| More cuddles. |
 |
| I've discovered my hands. And I like them in my mouth. |
No comments:
Post a Comment