Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Adventures of Peter Pan & Captain Hook


To say that Brooks enjoyed Halloween this year is an understatement. He LOVED it. And I think Carter enjoyed himself as well. Or maybe it was that we enjoyed watching Carter toddle around in costume having no idea how silly he looked. Either way, it was a great weekend.

Brooks has been really into the old school Peter Pan movie these days and he agreed that it would be the perfect costume. Not only is the movie very nostalgic for me, but I was Peter Pan for Halloween back when I was about 3 years old (a hand-me-down costume from my older male cousin). See below:


I finally found a good costume for B online, but there was only one problem: it didn't come with green tights. And for whatever reason, I really felt like green tights were critical to the ensemble. So I ordered a pair from Amazon (totally meant for girl toddler dancers BTW!) and cut off the pants that came with it in a zig zag patten to show off his skinny legs and awesome booties. I think it really completed "the look." Agree?


And what better partner in crime than the notorious Captain Hook! Carter was a perfect fit for the role. How ridiculously goofy is the white ascot and crazy looking hat??


The weekend kicked off with a Halloween parade at Brooks' school. His best girl friend Emmy just happened to be Tinkerbell, so the theme continued! Carter showed his support by dressing up for the big event too (and rolling around in the monkey grass).





On Halloween night, we hit up a few houses in Surrey Green before we met up with the Nixons. Their neighborhood was perfect for trick or treating. All the houses decked out with Halloween decor, music, lights, scary sounds, and kids running around everywhere. I think we probably hit up about 50 houses before Emmy and Brooks lost their momentum.




The best part was that it was a Friday night and no one had to get up and do anything the next day! Except watch the Peter Pan movie and revel in our successful trick-or-treating adventure and true abundance of candy.




1 comment:

  1. What a happy family embracing so many fun traditions! I love reading this blog!!

    ReplyDelete