Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Carter - 3 Months


You guys lookin at me?

The little-big man on the Powell campus has officially turned 3 months old.  Here are some of his recent mug shots.  What's he into these days?  Well, I couldn't get him to cooperate in this photo shoot, but he's developed the most adorable little smile.  And if you tickle his ribs and thighs in just the right way, he'll let out the beginnings of a little laugh!  Greatest sound ever.  Truly.  Is there anything better than a baby laughing?

I don't care if it makes the picture blurry, Mom.  I can MOVE MY ARMS!


He's sleeping through the night upstairs in his crib, and I think he rather likes his nursery.  In the mornings he wakes up and just lies there without making a peep until we come up to get him.  The second he sees me standing over the crib he smiles ear to ear.  Such a pleasant way to start the morning.


I've still got those mid-arm and upper-thigh fat rolls, don't you worry.

He loves hitting the activity gym and is a very focused athlete.  Every morning he gets at least 45 minutes of high intensity cardio before he switches to his tummy for some ab and upper body work.  We think he's really close to rolling over.  Gets up on his side and kinda hangs out there for a while before rolling back.  He's also developed a new habit that I'm not sure how I feel about... thumb sucking.  Not just flirting with the idea of an occasional finger in the mouth, but full on and very determined thumb-nestled-squarely-in-the-mouth thumb sucking.  He looks so cute doing it, and I know it gives him comfort... but does this mean he'll be one of those kids who still sucks his thumb in the 3rd grade?!  Hoping he'll eventually take the paci.  But for now, he very much prefers the company of his chunky little thumb.

This post wouldn't be as cute if you couldn't catch a glimpse of my baby toes now would it?

All in all, he's a great little kiddo and we love him more every day.  It's so funny to look at Brooks and see him brimming with all this personality and to think that one day Carter is going to be entertaining us with his newfound command of the English language, wowing us with his aptitude for remembering everything, and cracking us up with his dance moves.

But for now, it sure is nice to have him be the sweet-eyed, gentle-souled, bashful-smiled, little-big Carter-bean 3 month old that he is.




3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to watch Carter's personality unfold in his lively, lovable, happy home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could see him sucking on that chunky lil thumb. too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is ultimately a great southern novel that could come from all the Pohozie family adventures as everyone grows up together.

    ReplyDelete